Elmer's Brother

Paratus Ad Vitam Paratus Ad Mortis

2010/2/20

On the Turntable - Smashing Pumpkins

@ 03:31 PM (53 months, 24 days ago)

oh to be 16 again

Comment(s) »

1. Ahhh! Dig Smashing Pumpkins. Never saw them live, though.

Silversun Pickups are coming to town, and they remind me of the Pumpkins.

Comment by Jen— 2010/02/20 @ 10:13 PM — (Reply)

2. Good tunes...

Comment by FJ— 2010/02/21 @ 02:34 PM — (Reply)

3. I would have found a better time to post his...considering I got an Etta James double CD yesterday BUT...I would often hear this song and had NO IDEA who did it

finally yesterday I noted the time and checked the station playlist and there it was

it's the only Smashing Pumpkins song I know

Comment by Elmers Brother— 2010/02/21 @ 09:55 PM — (Reply)

4. Boy, I messed that up!

I tried to give you the links to three well-known SP songs.
    Cherub ROck, Mayonaise, and Today.

I love their music, but Billy Corgan wrote a lot of it while depressed, and I feel it! Oddly, that's what I'm drawn to time and again.

Comment by Jen— 2010/02/23 @ 06:33 AM — (Reply)

5. Just wanted to explain my recent absense... my uncle installed a new web filter that blocks your URL, so I can only get you when I'm home w/the kiddies. There must be "adult" content around that attracts lollygaggers.

Comment by FJ— 2010/02/24 @ 02:45 PM — (Reply)

6. well I did miss you FJ.

Comment by Elmers Brother— 2010/02/24 @ 04:55 PM — (Reply)

7. Thanks, EB. Music should be a part of evertone's life and I listen so little, any more. Tried to comment your other psot but it wouldn't let me.

Comment by Burns— 2010/03/14 @ 09:02 PM — (Reply)

8. :razz:

Comment by Michael— 2013/06/06 @ 11:17 AM — (Reply)

9. nothing beats old school music! thanks dude!

Comment by Curtis— 2013/07/19 @ 09:05 AM — (Reply)

10. nothing beats old school music! thanks dude!

Comment by Curtis— 2013/07/19 @ 09:06 AM — (Reply)

:mrgreen: :neutral: :twisted: :arrow: :shock: :smile: :???: :cool: :evil: :grin: :idea: :oops: :razz: :roll: :wink: :cry: :eek: :lol: :mad: :sad: :!: :?:

Preview:

You say:

To prevent spam, please type in the exact word you see in this image: CAPTCHA
To refresh the image, click here. Otherwise, contact us.

• Your E-mail address is never displayed. If you enter it, it will only be visible to the blog author
  • Since there already are comments to this post, your eventual comment might trigger a notification e-mail to the persons that commented before you.
  • The line and paragraph breaks automatically